Sunday, September 30, 2007

LOVERS OR SLAVES OF TIME

In the Earth Dimension it seems that the inhabitants never have enough time, even though their life spans often are much longer than other species which do not care to communicate or are unable to. Such as those known as "Insects" and "Fish." I have tried to comprehend humans' attitude toward Time by their many accustomed expressions about it, such, "I have no time for [that]", "Do not put off until tomorrow that which you can do today," or even, "It is time to eat" or "It is time to work," etc. And I have been told that "Time is the enemy of neurotics."

I particularly like to learn expressions which attempt to qualify, describe, or somehow take hold of time, limit it, and turn it into a possession. "Time is a river, time is a hard taskmaster"* I do not understand such terms. I only know that I exist in space and time. It does not exert pressure upon on me and if at any point there is no more time, I probably will not be aware of it or of anything at all. However I do understand that my human friend's time is limited and I will try not to use up too much of it before there is no more left to spend with me!



*I have not of course commented on time in scientific studies such as cosmology and physics, nor do I interest myself in more practical applications such as time and motion studies. I have preferred to begin a superficial look at the more human aspect as reflected in colloquial speech.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.